Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 1

Sorry for the late posts guys. I have been a little slow to shake off the summer slumber. This blog post will summarize all of week 1 for each class.

Socials 9

We did a Canada quiz to see how much background information the students had on their country. I'm excited to say that we have lots to learn. Who knew our national debt was over $616 Billion!!!
We started working on a Canada map last class. The map must include:
- Provinces/Territories
- Capital cities
- Oceans
- colored
- bodies of water outlined
- no pencil

Law 12

We got a chance to get to know each other a little better with the ever popular human bingo! Next we had a chance to discuss what the year will look like...assignments/projects and field trips.

Socials 10

We did a Canada quiz to see how much background information the students had on their country. I'm excited to say that we have lots to learn. We discussed some of the obstacles students have faced in achieving a top mark. Also, we had a frank discussion on what the students wanted to see more of and what they wanted to see less of in class. As I promised, I will try to include some of your suggestions into my planning for the coming units.
We started working on a Canada map last class. The map must include:
- Provinces/Territories
- Capital cities
- Oceans
- colored
- bodies of water outlined
- no pencil

Crim 12

We discussed what the year will look like. I also stated my expectation for the students who have enrolled in this class. Being an elective that you have chosen, my goal is to challenge my students to produce their best work.
We discussed some of the topics that will be covered in class. Also the students created their own personal blogs. They will use these blogs to post some of their assigned work in class. Most students chose the following:
-Blogspot
-Tumblir
-Wordpress
-Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment